When you link a credit card to Birch, we ask you to set the "open date" of the card. If no open date is reported, we automatically set it to the date of the oldest transaction we get back from your bank. We use the open date to track different card bonuses - such as annual spending bonuses, sign up bonuses that only apply during the first year and more. Because many banks only send us 6-12 months of purchases this date can be incorrect. Here's how to fix it:
On the Birch Website:
1. Click on the "wallet" icon at the top of the page.
2. Next, find the account you'd like to change the open date for. Hover over the card image and "edit details" will appear under the card. Click on that.
3. You should now see a box that has the current open date that's set for that card. Click anywhere in the box.
4. A calendar dropdown should appear. Simply set the updated date when you opened the card. Make sure you click the "save cards" button and voila! All set.
On the Birch iOS App:
- Tap on the wallet icon in the bottom navigation bar. In your wallet, tap on the card you'd like to update the "open date" for.
2. Next, tap on the settings gear at the top right of the screen.
3. Tap on the date next to the "Date Opened" text. That will bring up an adjustable date calendar. Select the correct date and tap "done". Birch saves this automatically, so you're good to go!
That's it! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to someone from the Birch team by clicking the green chat bubble in the app.